Tuesday, August 30, 2011

22nd Birthday

Well I will never forget where I was for my 22nd birthday. Besides being my favorite number there is really nothing too special about my 22nd birthday EXCEPT it was my first birthday out of the United States and a pretty good one at that. It was a very cultured day: I woke up in South Asia. Jade made me breakfast in bed. For lunch we went out for Chinese food with the rest of the education team including two of our closest national friends. It was so fun. Here Happy Birthday has three verses: Happy birthday to you, happy long life to you, and may God(s) bless you. At the office all my colleagues made sure to tell shake my hand and wish blessing on my life. They even wrote it on the announcement board (see picture above). It was really sweet of them, I really appreciated it.Then at night all of my American friends took me out for Italian. It was really tasty and for my cake we got these brownies that are on a hot skillet and they put ice cream on top and then drizzle it with hot fudge that sizzles on the skillet. Quite the treat i must say. Needless to say it is a birthday I will never forget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment